[Dev] upgrading systemd, upgrading kernel

Artem Bityutskiy artem.bityutskiy at linux.intel.com
Fri Dec 20 12:06:10 GMT 2013

On Fri, 2013-12-20 at 11:33 +0100, Łukasz Stelmach wrote:
> I'd like to ask everyone here (and please pass this request to those who
> are not yet subscribed) to take more care when you upgrade something.
> Especially if the upgraded software depends on components (kernel in
> this case) that may differ between profiles.

I am not sure it is correct to say in this case that systemd depends on
new kernel.

It is the Tizen security infrastructure which requires several
components to be patched, including systemd and the kernel.

So the problem is that the security infrastructure was deployed, but the
Mobile kernel was not patched.

> BTW. Why do we have separate kernels for IVI and mobile?

Yes, I am the maintainer of the IVI kernel.

--
Best Regards,
Artem Bityutskiy