[Dev] External kernel module building and kernel ABI/API check.

Łukasz Stelmach l.stelmach at samsung.com
Fri Dec 20 15:23:47 GMT 2013

It was <2013-12-13 pią 13:04>, when Artem Bityutskiy wrote:
> On Fri, 2013-12-13 at 12:27 +0100, Łukasz Stelmach wrote:
>>> Why not to just rebuilt them every time the kernel package changes,
>>> I wonder? Do you have hundreds of them out-of-tree modules?
>>
>> It isn't about our modules, they can be rebuilt with OBS, but rather
>> about third party ones used/provided by OEMs outside of Tizen
>> repositories.
>
> I'd think that you either guarantee that ABI/API check is 100% correct,
> or just force external modules to recompile whenever the kernel changes.

We'd lik to make builds fail if ABI changes to prevent applying patches
that break ABI.

Yet another idea is to somehow (we don't have a solution ready yet) use
RPM dependencies to alert OEMs building their images that they need to
recompile their (or maybe even fourth party) modules.

--
Łukasz Stelmach