[Dev] upgrading systemd, upgrading kernel

Schaufler, Casey casey.schaufler at intel.com
Fri Dec 20 23:07:16 GMT 2013

Before we go too far down the "blame security" path it should be noted that the kernel changes made to the ivi kernel were, with one exception, done for Mobile and are supposed to be present in the Tizen 2.2 kernel. The only one that was not done for Mobile relates to cgroups, and it does not appear from what I've seen that the problems it solves had been encountered yet.

> So the problem is that the security infrastructure was deployed, but the
> Mobile kernel was not patched.

Further, the Mobile kernel was not patched to the level that the Tizen 2.2 kernel was.