[Dev] upgrading systemd, upgrading kernel
stephane.desneux at open.eurogiciel.org
Tue Dec 24 10:13:20 GMT 2013
I wish to add some details about the Tizen:Generic kernel:
- we forked from IVI kernel and added support for more hardware (x86_64 build, a
lot of extra modules etc.). We plan to have the generic kernel aligned on the
latest stable kernel and share efforts with Artem to maintain both kernels (IVI
- the generic kernel should be created soon in gerrit (see
- meanwhile, we have the Tizen:Generic kernel hosted on github:
- the tizen:generic project is active on the Tizen OBS:
We expect to have the missing packages created soon and thus having some
snapshots uploaded to download.tizen.org/snapshots/tizen/generic.
We started to build images with our own repo last week and encountered problems;
some are probably related to systemd and smack:
- we had to disable murphy to allow the 'app' user to start weston (conflict on
access to the DRI)
- liveusb images don't boot yet because the initrd file built by dracut doesn't
support security labels: the systemd embedded inside the initrd doesn't boot
- raw images work but starting a WRT widget makes weston crash.
We'll work on solving these problems after the Christmas break. We can expect
that solving the bugs on Tizen:Generic will help all profiles to have a stronger
Stay tuned as we'll communicate on Tizen:Generic soon to explain the perimeter,
the objectives and the benefits.
Happy Christmas !
Intel OTC - Vannes/FR
José Bollo wrote:
> On mar, 2013-12-24 at 02:44 +0000, Wu, Zhiwen wrote:
>> [ Wu, Zhiwen] Do you mean that the "Failed to create root cgroup hierarchy: Permission denied Failed " problem had not been encountered yet on the environment including Tizen 2.2 mobile kernel and v208 systemd ?
> We encountered the same problem for building tizen generic. So we
> applied the patch of Casey Schaufler to the kernel and it is working
> fine now.
> Regards and Merry Chrismas
> José Bollo
> Dev mailing list
> Dev at lists.tizen.org
More information about the Dev