[Dev] [SDK/Emulator] Building emulator with latest MinGW

Stanislav Vorobiov s.vorobiov at samsung.com
Tue Dec 24 15:26:21 GMT 2013

Hi, all

Currently I'm tying to setup emulator build environment on a new windows xp 32 machine. I'm using latest
MinGW - http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw since there's no other choice there.

Emulator builds successfully, however, there're problems running it, there're crashes. I've found the cause
of first crash:
qemu/tizen/src/emulator.c:print_system_info - strftime(timeinfo, sizeof(timeinfo), "%Y/%m/%d %H:%M:%S", tm_time);

It crashes here because in latest MinGW time_t is defined to be 8-byte long, so fix is simple:

gettimeofday(&tval, NULL);
time_t tmp = tval.tv_sec;
tm_time = localtime(&tmp);
strftime(timeinfo, sizeof(timeinfo), "%Y/%m/%d %H:%M:%S", tm_time);

After this it boots further, but crashes later in:

_fu797____stack_chk_guard () at block.c:3864
3864        BlockDriverState *bs = acb->common.bs;
(gdb) bt
#0  _fu797____stack_chk_guard () at block.c:3864
#1  0x004452cb in _fu2007____stack_chk_guard () at coroutine-win32.c:57
#2  0x7c80b713 in KERNEL32!GetModuleFileNameA ()
   from C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll
#3  0x7c82ff99 in KERNEL32!ConvertThreadToFiber ()
   from C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll
Cannot access memory at address 0xbaadf011

The reason may be changed time_t size or something else...

Does anyone know something about this ? Is there a workaround ? Fixing those problems is taking too long already,
is there a way I can build correct emulator image on a fresh windows xp 32 machine ?