[Dev] upgrading systemd, upgrading kernel

Yin Kangkai kangkai.yin at intel.com
Wed Dec 25 13:12:53 GMT 2013

On 2013-12-25, 13:53 +0100, Stéphane Desneux wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The basic definition of Tizen:Generic is: it's not a vertical but rather an
> horizontal distro (a cross-vertical if you prefer). The idea is to put inside
> Tizen:Generic the base system and the most common components (previously in
> Tizen:Common).
>
> All kind of images are to be supported:
> - architectures: we build actually in ia32 and x86_64. armv7 and arm64 will come
> soon
> - display system: support X11, wayland or wayland+X proxy
> - support raw images and liveusb

I understand the idea and it's true we could build up a generic and
common package set, that shared by and benefits all the verticals.

> So regarding your question, Tizen:Generic/armv7/X11 shouldn't be far from
> mobile, except that the specific components won't be installed. This image
> should be installable on a RD-PQ. The same applies to Intel based mobile platforms.

But to be honest, I don't think kernel is in that package set. (As
discussed in another thread in this list) kernel is always specific
for different vertical/hardware, and from my understanding and
experience, different vertical most likely has their own cadence and
requirements etc..

Regards,
Kangkai