[Dev] upgrading systemd, upgrading kernel

Aliaksei Katovich aliaksei.katovich at gmail.com
Wed Dec 25 18:12:15 GMT 2013

> On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 2:33 AM, Łukasz Stelmach <l.stelmach at samsung.com> wrote:
> > BTW. Why do we have separate kernels for IVI and mobile?
>
> this is by design - each profile will have different hardware, target
> architecture, etc.
>
> It makes absolutely no sense to even attempt to have the same kernel
> configs for different profiles.

Maybe I am missing something here but AFAIU the idea was to maintain single
source tree regardless of how many configs/profiles exist and in what kind
of relationship they are; and that would still make sense.

That said, the common source tree would simply contain all Tizen related
enablers and features integrated just once.

Yet I agree with Artem on non-upstream patches maintenance burden.

--
Aliaksei