[Dev] Submit branch location

Kanevskiy, Alexander alexander.kanevskiy at intel.com
Fri Dec 27 15:13:05 GMT 2013

On 26/12/13 06:55 , "김보곤" <bogon82.kim at samsung.com<mailto:bogon82.kim at samsung.com>> wrote:

Dear All,

I would like to ask about upstream branch policy in tizen.

The case is about the package containing upstream and tizen (like glibc).

I understand as following

Version upgrade -> upstream

patches from tizen developer -> tizen

patches from open source community's master branch -> tizen

patches from open source community's release branch -> ?

My case is I would like to submit some patches from glibc community's release/2.18/master<http://sourceware.org/git/?p=glibc.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/release/2.18/master> branch.

These patches are merged after glibc 2.18 is released.

The confused point is this is from release/2.18/master(release) branch not master(developer) branch.

Should I submit this patch to tizen branch or upstream branch?

it should be to tizen branch.

upstream branch supposed to be used to re-create original sources of the release.
So, if we have 2.18 release in “upstream” branch, then anything that is not in 2.18 official release, should be in our Tizen branches.
even for patches that would become part of 2.18.1 or 2.19 in the future.

Best regards

Bogon Kim

김보곤 선임(Bogon Kim)

Mobile Communication Division