[Dev] Submit branch location

Kanevskiy, Alexander alexander.kanevskiy at intel.com
Fri Dec 27 15:17:09 GMT 2013

(and now without html formatting)

On 26/12/13 06:55 , "김보곤" <bogon82.kim at samsung.com> wrote:

>Dear All,
>
>I would like to ask about upstream branch policy in tizen.
>
>The case is about the package containing upstream and tizen (like glibc).
>I understand as following
>Version upgrade -> upstream
>patches from tizen developer -> tizen
>patches from open source community's master branch -> tizen
>patches from open source community's release branch -> ?
>
>My case is I would like to submit some patches from glibc community's
>release/2.18/master
><http://sourceware.org/git/?p=glibc.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/release/2.
>18/master> branch.
>These patches are merged after glibc 2.18 is released.
>The confused point is this is from release/2.18/master(release) branch
>not master(developer) branch.
>Should I submit this patch to tizen branch or upstream branch?

it should be to tizen branch.

upstream branch supposed to be used to re-create original sources of the
release.
So, if we have 2.18 release in “upstream” branch, then anything that is
not in 2.18 official release, should be in our Tizen branches.
even for patches that would become part of 2.18.1 or 2.19 in the future.

--
Best regards, Alexander Kanevskiy.

Intel Finland Oy
Registered Address: PL 281, 00181 Helsinki
Business Identity Code: 0357606 - 4
Domiciled in Helsinki