[Dev] upgrading systemd, upgrading kernel

Łukasz Stelmach l.stelmach at samsung.com
Mon Dec 30 06:24:35 GMT 2013

It was <2013-12-25 śro 03:39>, when Kok, Auke-jan H wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 2:33 AM, Łukasz Stelmach <l.stelmach at samsung.com> wrote:
>> BTW. Why do we have separate kernels for IVI and mobile?
>
> this is by design - each profile will have different hardware, target
> architecture, etc.
>
> It makes absolutely no sense to even attempt to have the same kernel
> configs for different profiles.

Configs: no, source tree: definitely yes. I mean, if we don't maintain a
single source of kernel we end up with situations like this where a
piece of common userland is upgraded by engineers working on one
platform and convinced it is OK while everyone else gets a present of
questionable quality.

BTW #2. I've proposed some time ago to have more "Verified" labels in
gerrit, especially for software available in multiple profiles. Like:
one "Verified" label for each image/profile. How about that?

--
Łukasz Stelmach