[Dev] upgrading systemd, upgrading kernel

Łukasz Stelmach l.stelmach at samsung.com
Mon Dec 30 06:29:53 GMT 2013

It was <2013-12-25 śro 14:12>, when Yin Kangkai wrote:
> On 2013-12-25, 13:53 +0100, Stéphane Desneux wrote:

[...]

>> So regarding your question, Tizen:Generic/armv7/X11 shouldn't be far from
>> mobile, except that the specific components won't be installed. This image
>> should be installable on a RD-PQ. The same applies to Intel based mobile platforms.
>
> But to be honest, I don't think kernel is in that package set. (As
> discussed in another thread in this list) kernel is always specific
> for different vertical/hardware,

Indeed they need different configuration. However, I can see no reason
why all verticals can't use a single source tree. If some need some
hardware support this should not be a problem for others. If a profile
needs a patch for kernel's "core" (mm, scheduler, security etc.) that
conflicts with other verticals we need to resolve the conflict not hide it.

--
Łukasz Stelmach