[Dev] upgrading systemd, upgrading kernel

Jussi Laako jussi.laako at linux.intel.com
Mon Dec 30 07:37:42 GMT 2013

On 30.12.2013 8:29, Łukasz Stelmach wrote:
> Indeed they need different configuration. However, I can see no reason
> why all verticals can't use a single source tree. If some need some
> hardware support this should not be a problem for others.

This is as likely to cause problems as others. If I compile kernel
without graphics or audio drivers, boot up of the image may likely fail.
It is even less clear if things would work without BT, NFC or GPS drivers...

> If a profile
> needs a patch for kernel's "core" (mm, scheduler, security etc.) that
> conflicts with other verticals we need to resolve the conflict not hide it.

These on the other hand are actually less likely to cause problems,
because the same POSIX API is offered and supposed to work as defined by
IEEE 1003.1.

	- Jussi