[Dev] RD-PQ tizen.org image status

Łukasz Stelmach l.stelmach at samsung.com
Tue Nov 12 15:38:22 GMT 2013

It was <2013-11-12 wto 15:47>, when Artem Bityutskiy wrote:
> On Tue, 2013-11-12 at 15:31 +0100, Łukasz Stelmach wrote:
>> > It would work like this. Tizen profile implements its own project, say,
>> > setup-fstab-mobile. This project contains a script which
>> > creates /etc/fstab and populates it with data. MIC calls this script.
>>
>> Only one question. setup-fstab-mobile is an RPM package. It is installed
>> "from" the %packages section in ks file and it appears to stay on the
>> image. Shouldn't it be removed
>
> It is installed normally, just like other packages. It may be part of a
> package group, or be specified directly in %packages.
>
> And yes, so far we considered a model that it is not removed. The idea
> was that this "sbin" script would be always available should you want to
> reset to "factory settings", or recover from some corruptions/errors.
>
> Indeed, you can always re-run the script and as part of a recovery
> procedure.

Good idea. Where is the environment saved?

> If you really want to remove  it, I am not sure how to do this, I'd need
> to find this out myself.

It's not important right now, although there should be an option to do
so. It may be important for "minimal" images where you shave every
possible bit off.

> Also, you do not have to make 'setup-fstab-mobile' script to be in a
> separate SRPM, you may put it to another "setup" type of SRPM.
>
> In fact, I already regret that I put my 'setup-efi-ivi' to a separate
> project with the same name. May be it would be wiser to have a
> 'installer-framework-scripts' project or something, and put all the
> scripts there.

The fstab script indeed may be generic enough to make it part of the
platform/upstream/setup[1]

[1] https://review.tizen.org/git/?p=platform/upstream/setup.git;a=summary
--
Łukasz Stelmach