[Dev] Qt in Tizen - project proposal

Gaurav Kalra gvkalra at gmail.com
Fri Nov 29 09:11:05 GMT 2013

On Fri, Nov 29, 2013 at 11:58 AM, Tomasz Olszak <olszak.tomasz at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry, I should have been mentioned that I also tried with force switch and
> the result is the same.

hmmm .... Then that means you don't have the rights.

> git push -f origin tizen
> Counting objects: 218, done.
> Delta compression using up to 8 threads.
> Compressing objects: 100% (88/88), done.
> Writing objects: 100% (218/218), 61.83 KiB | 0 bytes/s, done.
> Total 218 (delta 93), reused 208 (delta 90)
> remote: Resolving deltas: 100% (93/93)
> remote:
> remote: Processing changes: refs: 1, done
> To tizen:platform/upstream/qtchooser
>  ! [remote rejected] tizen -> tizen (prohibited by Gerrit)
> error: failed to push some refs to 'tizen:platform/upstream/qtchooser'

"prohibited by Gerrit" means you are able to reach the repository
correctly but permissions are not right.

> And here's my:
> .git/config
> [core]
>         repositoryformatversion = 0
>         filemode = true
>         bare = false
>         logallrefupdates = true
> [remote "origin"]
>         url = tizen:platform/upstream/qtchooser
>         fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
>
> and .ssh/config
> Host tizen
>   Hostname review.tizen.org
>   IdentityFile ~/.ssh/id_rsa
>   User tolszak
>   Port 29418

You have correct configuration to connect.

> How can I check if I have maintainer privilege?

https://review.tizen.org/gerrit/#/admin/projects/platform/upstream/qtchooser,access
will give you the rights settings of qtchooser.

As I see, qtchooser is inheriting rights from the group
https://review.tizen.org/gerrit/#/admin/projects/scm/acls/domain_graphics_and_ui_framework,access

And list of maintainers for above group is
https://review.tizen.org/gerrit/#/admin/groups/458,members

I am not able to see your name listed here and that must be the reason
for "-f" not working ("git push origin tizen" won't work anyways).

Morever, here is the gitweb history of qtchooser:
https://review.tizen.org/gerrit/gitweb?p=platform%2Fupstream%2Fqtchooser.git;a=history;hb=refs%2Fmeta%2Fconfig;f=project.config

The project was created 36 hours ago by Prajwal Mohan (CCed in email)
for under JIRA request https://bugs.tizen.org/jira/browse/TINF-333

As for getting the maintainer rights, I think TINF-333 should be sufficient.

--
Gaurav Kalra
Samsung R&D Institute Bangalore