[Dev] Please define 'Verified'

Rusty Lynch rusty.lynch at intel.com
Tue Oct 1 15:36:18 GMT 2013

On Tue, 2013-10-01 at 15:13 +0200, Łukasz Stelmach wrote:
> Hello Everyone.
>
> I've got a practical question. What does it mean "verified" in gerrit?
> Especially now when there are no ARM images to test patched packages.
>
> Is it OK to mark changes as verified if I can build RPM without errors?

Verified means you have taken one of the tizen generated images and
installed the freshly built package and then verified the package does
what you think it's supposed to do without causing unexpected side
effects.

Since we have multiple platforms with multiple verticals, I like to add
a comment that explains what I verified on (like for example 'verified
on the XYZ image run on ABC device').

Of course the hard part here is that the mobile images are still in an
early bringup stage so you guys will need to stretch the definition of
verified a bit, but as soon as mobile is healthy again then all of us
need to take a strict view of verified.

Note that if the package is used on IVI then you can ask one of us
working on IVI to test the image.

    --rusty