[Dev] Multi User activation idea.

Jussi Laako jussi.laako at linux.intel.com
Wed Oct 2 12:47:16 GMT 2013

On 2.10.2013 14:14, Łukasz Stelmach wrote:
> That's great. I just hope we won't end up installing LDAP on a mobile
> phone ;)

Haha, no, definitely not. At least I wouldn't propose anything like
that... :)

> Pin-code is a form of password nad biometrics... I am afraid current
> sensors are not worth trying to use them

I know, that was just an example. Our initial plan was to program NFC
stickers with keys and use those as a identify & authenticate demo. In
addition to pin code / password.

> These can be stored in home directories. Take a look at gdm and/or kdm
> how they support avatars.

Yes, although we had a bit different idea on how to store auxiliary user
metadata, including nick names and such in addition to avatar images.
But all that goes outside of the IEEE 1003.1 spec. So what we have is a
daemon and D-Bus API to deal with user management. And we are working on
an equivalent of gdb/kdm, but that can work GUI-less and also identify
user by other means than typing the name on keyboard or selecting it
from a GUI. For example using NFC tag.