[Dev] Please define 'Verified'

Bryan, Shane shane.bryan at intel.com
Wed Oct 2 16:06:08 GMT 2013

On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 8:44 AM, Rusty Lynch <rusty.lynch at intel.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2013-10-02 at 09:51 +0200, Łukasz Stelmach wrote:
>> It was <2013-10-01 wto 17:36>, when Rusty Lynch wrote:
>> > Since we have multiple platforms with multiple verticals, I like to add
>> > a comment that explains what I verified on (like for example 'verified
>> > on the XYZ image run on ABC device').
>>
>> http://code.google.com/p/gerrit/issues/detail?id=2158
>>
>> Let's see what happens.
>
> /me crosses fingers

As pointed out in the first comment[1] to the issue, our gerrit
instance could have new, custom, labels created[2] as needed to
possibly achieve the desired result here.

So, following the example you (Łukasz) provided in the issue you
opened, we could have the following in the project.config:

[label "Verified-i586"]
    function = MaxWithBlock
    value = -1 Fails
    value =  0 No score
    value = +1 Verified

[label "Verified-x86_64"]
    function = MaxWithBlock
    value = -1 Fails
    value =  0 No score
    value = +1 Verified

[label "Verified-ARMv5"]
    function = MaxWithBlock
    value = -1 Fails
    value =  0 No score
    value = +1 Verified

[label "Verified-ARMv7"]
    function = MaxWithBlock
    value = -1 Fails
    value =  0 No score
    value = +1 Verified

Then, the net effect would be (I believe, no expert here) is that ALL
would be required to be +1 before the request could be submitted.

Another option would be to have the verification be driven by
verticals rather than ARCH... for example:

[label "Verified-IVI"]
    function = MaxWithBlock
    value = -1 Fails
    value =  0 No score
    value = +1 Verified

[label "Verified-Mobile"]
    function = MaxWithBlock
    value = -1 Fails
    value =  0 No score
    value = +1 Verified

[label "Verified-TV"]
    function = MaxWithBlock
    value = -1 Fails
    value =  0 No score
    value = +1 Verified

Of course, the problem becomes one of determining which repos require
which targets be verified... as not all are intended for all targets,
be that by ARCH or by Vertical (IVI, Mobile, TV, etc...).  So this
would add either additional administration effort, or a mapping
between repos and build/vertical targets.  Who knows, maybe we already
have that?

Shane...
--
[1] https://code.google.com/p/gerrit/issues/detail?id=2158#c1