[Dev] Multi User activation idea.

Dominig ar Foll (Intel OTC) dominig.arfoll at fridu.net
Wed Oct 2 18:05:46 GMT 2013

> The problem I've been introduced to is different. What happens if an
> inside-ns-uid-0 process creates a 02755 (suid 0) file? It should be
> mapped to the outside uid. What gets on disk there is a
> uid-ns-in-uid-ns? In general UID ns seems to me very tricky.
That worth a real test.

> Anyway, why would you like to make services think they run as root when
> in fact they don't?
We have legacy code in Tizen AppFW which relies on setUID facilities to
launch application and to communicate between Apps.
My current goal is to find a solution which does not require to rewrite
the entire AppFW in order to remain backward compatible.

Starting with a white sheet of paper, I would not do like that but
protecting legacy investment is important.

Dominig