[Dev] Please define 'Verified'

Łukasz Stelmach l.stelmach at samsung.com
Fri Oct 4 07:47:03 GMT 2013

It was <2013-10-02 śro 18:06>, when Bryan, Shane wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 8:44 AM, Rusty Lynch <rusty.lynch at intel.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> http://code.google.com/p/gerrit/issues/detail?id=2158
>>>
>>> Let's see what happens.
>>
>> /me crosses fingers
>
> As pointed out in the first comment[1] to the issue, our gerrit
> instance could have new, custom, labels created[2] as needed to
> possibly achieve the desired result here.
>
> So, following the example you (Łukasz) provided in the issue you
> opened, we could have the following in the project.config:
>
> [label "Verified-i586"]

[...]

I gave this example because architecture dependent verticals are more
common concept.

> Then, the net effect would be (I believe, no expert here) is that ALL
> would be required to be +1 before the request could be submitted.

> Another option would be to have the verification be driven by
> verticals rather than ARCH... for example:
>
> [label "Verified-IVI"]

[...]

I prefer this one to the architecture verification.

> Of course, the problem becomes one of determining which repos require
> which targets be verified... as not all are intended for all targets,
> be that by ARCH or by Vertical (IVI, Mobile, TV, etc...).

AFAIK this is what profiles are all about. Packages in profile/ivi/*
repos are for IVI and profile/mobile/* ones are for mobiles. The rest
should work on both.

> So this would add either additional administration effort, or a
> mapping between repos and build/vertical targets.  Who knows, maybe we
> already have that?

Don't the Tizen:Mobile and Tizne:IVI OBS projects hold that information?

--
Łukasz Stelmach