[Dev] [SCM] git urls in gitweb

Kanevskiy, Alexander alexander.kanevskiy at intel.com
Fri Oct 4 09:38:26 GMT 2013

On 10/4/13 11:57 , "Łukasz Stelmach" <l.stelmach at samsung.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Recently a few guys from a team next dore started to work on
>tizen.org.  Before they got access to gerrit and hence personalised
>access to git they cloned anonymously from review.tizen.org. What I
>noticed, when I was helping them, is that there are no urls for
>anonymous access to repositories on gitweb summary pages of
>repositories.
>
>Dear SCM,
>
>Could you make URLs for anonymous cloning of repositories apper on the
>gitweb interface of repositories when browsed anonymously[1]. Making the
>repositories available thourgh http(s)? would be nice too.
>
>Thanks in advance.

There are some plans to re-implement anonymous git access in some near
future to make it faster and more user friendly.
That require few hardware updates (a bit more RAM/disks). Currently HW
maintenance break is scheduled for 11th of October, so I expect about week
after infrastructure team should be able to deploy rest of changes.

--
Best regards, Alexander Kanevskiy.

Intel Finland Oy
Registered Address: PL 281, 00181 Helsinki
Business Identity Code: 0357606 - 4
Domiciled in Helsinki