[Dev] changelog discrepancy between git and built binaries

Kanevskiy, Alexander alexander.kanevskiy at intel.com
Fri Oct 4 14:53:47 GMT 2013

On 10/4/13 16:43 , "Nashif, Anas" <anas.nashif at intel.com> wrote:

>in git I have:
>
># head -2 ncurses.changes
>* Mon Sep 16 2013 Anas Nashif <anas.nashif at intel.com>
>accepted/tizen/20130912.195247 at fc238d7
>- remove remaining undefined macro for abi
>

>in rpm binary resulting from this git:
>
>work:~: rpm -qp --changelog libncurses-5.9-5.5.i686.rpm | head -2
>* Mon Sep 16 2013 @fc238d7
>- remove remaining undefined macro for abi
>

>So, lots of information are being omitted, making the change log almost
>useless.

Exported from git, .changes file still have correct information:
https://build.tizen.org/package/view_file?expand=1&file=ncurses.changes&pac
kage=ncurses&project=Tizen%3AMobile

So, it seems to be somewhere either in rpm or in obs :(
quick check with using localbuild shows that merged .spec looks like that:

%docs_package
%dir %{_defaultdocdir}/ncurses/
%doc %{_defaultdocdir}/ncurses/*

%changelog
* Mon Sep 16 2013 @fc238d7
- remove remaining undefined macro for abi
* Tue Sep 10 2013 @c4b2a54
- Moved documentation to a separate package
* Fri Jun 14 2013 @cb86ca0
- Install pc files and move everything to /usr/lib
* Fri Mar 22 2013 @9e28094
- Fixed package groups
* Fri Feb 22 2013 Patrick McCarty <patrick.mccarty at linux.intel.com> aaeb115
- Fix package name in baselibs.conf
* Wed Feb  6 2013 Anas Nashif <anas.nashif at intel.com> upstream/5.9 at ba2924c
- Update patches and package from git

So, based on that, I assume bug is somewhere in obs-build script.
(the one that merges .changes into .spec before build)