[Dev] Please define 'Verified'

Rusty Lynch rusty.lynch at intel.com
Fri Oct 4 15:32:50 GMT 2013

On Fri, 2013-10-04 at 09:47 +0200, Łukasz Stelmach wrote:
> It was <2013-10-02 śro 18:06>, when Bryan, Shane wrote:

> >> /me crosses fingers
> >
> > As pointed out in the first comment[1] to the issue, our gerrit
> > instance could have new, custom, labels created[2] as needed to
> > possibly achieve the desired result here.
> >
> > So, following the example you (Łukasz) provided in the issue you
> > opened, we could have the following in the project.config:
> >
> > [label "Verified-i586"]
>
> [...]
>
> I gave this example because architecture dependent verticals are more
> common concept.
>
> > Then, the net effect would be (I believe, no expert here) is that ALL
> > would be required to be +1 before the request could be submitted.
>
> > Another option would be to have the verification be driven by
> > verticals rather than ARCH... for example:
> >
> > [label "Verified-IVI"]
>
> [...]
>
> I prefer this one to the architecture verification.
>
> > Of course, the problem becomes one of determining which repos require
> > which targets be verified... as not all are intended for all targets,
> > be that by ARCH or by Vertical (IVI, Mobile, TV, etc...).
>
> AFAIK this is what profiles are all about. Packages in profile/ivi/*
> repos are for IVI and profile/mobile/* ones are for mobiles. The rest
> should work on both.
>
> > So this would add either additional administration effort, or a
> > mapping between repos and build/vertical targets.  Who knows, maybe we
> > already have that?
>
> Don't the Tizen:Mobile and Tizne:IVI OBS projects hold that information?

Sure... verification profile specific packages only needs to be done for
that specific profile, although you still have multiple platforms in a
given platform.

The reality is (at least for IVI) that we only use a handful of packages
from profile/ivi for tizen 3.0 work.  The vast majority of all the
packages used in the system are shared with all other verticals.  What
we need is a mechanism in gerrit to specify exactly how the verification
was done (like on an Intel Baytrail IVI platform or XYZ ARM IVI platform
or ...).

    --rusty