[Dev] Installing files in /bin and /usr/bin

Aleksander Zdyb a.zdyb at partner.samsung.com
Mon Oct 7 12:50:52 GMT 2013

Hello all!

There is a fair number of programs, which are (traditionally) placed in
/bin directory (cat, cp, rm, etc.).
However, rpm, AFAIK, does not support this in %install and %files
sections. There are only build-in macros ( %_bindir and %_sbindir),
which are prefixed ( %_exec_prefix = /usr).

I'm going to package symlinks for busybox, but have no idea on how to
(properly) place some of the files in /bin -- i.e. is using
%{buildroot}bin/cat a proper way in contrast with
%{buildroot}%{_bindir}/cut?

Or do we even care about distinguishing between /bin and /usr/bin?

--
Aleksander Zdyb