[Dev] Please use "tizen_2.x_compat" branch for Tizen 3.0 image enabling with Gstreamer 0.10

Yin, Yan yan.yin at intel.com
Tue Oct 8 12:14:39 GMT 2013

Hi Sasha,

We do understand all Tizen 3.0 code line must use "tizen" branch, we always keep it in mind and won't violate it.

This is to enable Tizen 3.0 image with Tizen 2.x content due to reality, EFL and GStreamer are the two unlucky cases. To reach the goal, either have to fork a new git path, or reuse the same git repo with a specific branch.

There has been long discussion on the pros/cons for both solution when we enable Tizen 3.0 IA images, and below solution is agreed by Anas/Praj/BingWei/etc, actually Anas suggested the tizen_2.1_compat branch name :), then we spent great efforts to make it happen.

Any more background information you'd like to know, please let me know and I can send you directly. :)

Thanks,
Yan