[Dev] Can't get rid of coreutils

Demeter, Michael michael.demeter at intel.com
Tue Oct 8 13:40:07 GMT 2013

As Alexandru points out.. Coreutils has the upstream version (8.21+) which
contains support for Smack and we carry a patch on top that has
functionality that is needed until they fix some code to use the proper
methods. Busybox has no support for Smack. So if you are not using Smack
there is no reason you should not be able to remove it once the package
dependencies have been resolved..

dbus and systemd should have the Smack configuration compile time option
disabled. The RPM package might need to have the security plugin removed
too.

-mld

Michael Demeter
Sr. Software Engineer