[Dev] Clarificaiton: gstreamer git paths and branches in tizen.org

Nashif, Anas anas.nashif at intel.com
Tue Oct 8 14:04:06 GMT 2013

Yan,

That compat branch business was done "temporarily" FOUR months ago to get
things going when we start moving to 3.0. It was supposed to serve as a
bridge for a short time while you guys work on 1.0 porting. Based on
discussions 4 months ago the schedule for moving to 1.0 was September.
It is really confusing and misleading and also will cause lots of
conflicts if after 4 months we still did not move an inch and I would
prefer that all the gst work is done in a proper way instead of doing
parallel development of old and new code. It is already confusing now with
many packages using 1.0 and other using 0.10.

I would prefer to see a plan for removing 0.10 completely and starting a
new page with 1.0 and fixing the issues as we go. We have seen that moving
to 1.0 comes with some issues, but those are manageable and less confusing
as having to stacks of gst in the build.

Anas