[Dev] Removable block devices in TIZEN

Dominig ar Foll (Intel OTC) dominig.arfoll at fridu.net
Tue Oct 8 15:32:50 GMT 2013

Le 08/10/2013 14:59, Jacek Pielaszkiewicz a écrit :
> Dear all,
>
> 	I have created set of patches to implement udisks on TIZEN and
> replace removable block devices support in system-server by udisk. Main
> reason for the proposed changes is to implement in TIZEN common and well
> known functionalities that handle removable devices.
Nice

> 	Implemented changes:
>
> (1) System-server patch - remove support for block devices in system-server
> removal - remove udev rules that triggers action in system-server (rules for
> add/remove kernel events)
>
> (2) Udisks - initial version of the udisks repository for TIZEN - version
> 2.1.2
>
> (3) libatasmart - initial version of the libatasmart repository for TIZEN -
> version 0.19. The library is required by udisks.
>
> (4) udisks-agent - my implementation of an simple agent that works in user
> space. It handles events triggered by the udisks (add/remove device). The
> agent provide very basic functionality - mount/unmount removable block
> device. Any notification is not send to end-user. The agent in assumption
> should be base for future works and closer integration with rest of TIZEN
> components. To avoid any security issue I added wide rules in polkit to
> allow every user mount removable block devices.
>
> (5) polkit patch - add support in the polkit demon to be started by systemd.
> The polkit is required by udisks.
Interresting, we were discussing a similar solution with my team ealry
this week but we lacked the time to implement made that it remains at
wish level.
It's certainly a viable well documented model to provide auto mount for
removable devices whith little external dependencies.

Dominig ar Foll
Senior Software Architect
Open Source Technology Centre
Intel SSG