[Dev] mobileprint and cups (broken ARM image)

Łukasz Stelmach l.stelmach at samsung.com
Wed Oct 9 10:53:26 GMT 2013

Hi,

I've upgraded CUPS to 1.6.4 and have it ready to be pushed to
gerrit. With 1.6.4 mobile print builds without problem.

The upgrade procedure for upstream packages has been described[1] and
discussed a number of times, however, I still don't feel confident about
it. Let me describe what I did and what I've got and please tell me what
to do next.

I've imported the tarball[2] with gbs import to the pristine-tar
branch. I've got it extracted and committed to the upstream branch.
Then, I have re-based the tizen[3] branch onto the new tip of the
upstream branch. Unfortunately I have not managed, as of now, to re-base
Anas Nashif's commit adding systemd support[4]. A lot of code has
changed upstream and I have yet to understand it properly. In the
meantime, I think what I've got now is enough to build the mobile image
for ARM.

What should I do now?

1. Push the pristine-tar branch to gerrit's refs/heads/pristine-tar?

2. Push the upstream branch to gerrit's refs/heads/upstream? ([1] does
   not describe pushing)

3. Push the tizen branch to gerrit's refs/heads/tizen to bypass the
   review process? (I am not sure particularly about this one as I've
   dropped one commit)

[1] https://source.tizen.org/documentation/reference/git-build-system/upstream-package
[2] http://www.cups.org/software.php?VERSION=1.6.4&FILE=1.6.4/cups-1.6.4-source.tar.gz
[3] https://review.tizen.org/git/?p=platform/upstream/cups.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/tizen