[Dev] Tizen 3.0 proposal for applications launch

Xavier Roche xavier.roche at eurogiciel.fr
Thu Oct 10 12:09:29 GMT 2013

Hi all,

Regarding the last threads for fixing OSP/WRT/Core hardcoded UID issue,
I was wondering to what extent it could be possible to act as follow:

1. Assuming we already got the uid (from getsockopt with
SO_PEERCRED...), get the 'systemd --user' pid (running with the same uid)
2. We could then retrieve the entire launch environment, in the
associated /proc/<pid>/environ ...
3. Launch whatever app within such an environment (execve...)

Am I mistaken on this point? Does it seem acceptable in your opinion?

Regards,

Xavier

--
Xavier Roche