[Dev] Tizen 3.0 proposal for applications launch

Jarkko Sakkinen jarkko.sakkinen at intel.com
Thu Oct 10 13:01:34 GMT 2013

On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 02:09:29PM +0200, Xavier Roche wrote:
>    Hi all,
>
>    Regarding the last threads for fixing OSP/WRT/Core hardcoded UID issue, I
>    was wondering to what extent it could be possible to act as follow:
>
>    1. Assuming we already got the uid (from getsockopt with SO_PEERCRED...),
>    get the 'systemd --user' pid (running with the same uid)
>    2. We could then retrieve the entire launch environment, in the associated
>    /proc/<pid>/environ ...
>    3. Launch whatever app within such an environment (execve...)
>
>    Am I mistaken on this point? Does it seem acceptable in your opinion?

It's a racy approach unless you can survive with only accessing
/proc/self.

Also, I would advise not to use SO_PEERCRED or SO_PEERSEC but as
I've said in that thread I don't have yet tests to back this up.

Only but also heavyweight way to ensure authenticity would be to
use SO_PASSCRED and SCM_CREDENTIALS so that every message is
authenticated (maybe there could be some kind of initial handshake
with these options turned on for connections?).

>    Regards,
>    Xavier

/Jarkko