[Dev] Tizen 3.0 proposal for applications launch

Dominig ar Foll dominig.arfoll at fridu.net
Thu Oct 10 17:30:15 GMT 2013

Le 10/10/2013 18:22, Jussi Laako a écrit :
> .
>
> For starters I would like to understand why this launcher thingie
> needs to run as root in first place? Why not just a normal session bus
> service without need to worry about getting uids or gids right?

Jussi,

You will find a short presentation which gives an overview of the Tizen
App FW here.
  http://events.linuxfoundation.org/sites/events/files/alss13_arfoll.pdf
I hope that it will help you to understand the current model.

The way which is used to find which binary need to be launched is a bit
convoluted and passes by requests to multiple DB which are not designed
to be shared.
Our measurement on Tizen 2.1 shows that launching a WRT App makes more
than 200 requests to these DB.

--
Dominig ar Foll
Senior Software Architect