[Dev] regarding process for patch submission when there is no packaging dir for tizen upstream projects

RAVI NANJUNDAPPA nravi.n at samsung.com
Tue Oct 15 03:54:30 GMT 2013

Hi All,
Re-sending the same message in the plain text format.

I would like to submit a change for gerrit review request of "platform/upstream/gcc48" gerrit project.
It include a patch and spec file changes.
Since there is no packaging dir in the above git path after doing a git clone, I couldn't find a way to git push the spec and patch changes.
I followed the  "Building using upstream tarball and patch generation" section of https://source.tizen.org/documentation/reference/git-build-system/upstream-package.
But gbs export gave a consolidated changes along with mine ( after updating the source changes), which doesn't clearly identify my changes.
So, kindly provide your inputs/steps to be followed which will be very much required for the change submission.
‎‎
Thanks and Best Regards,
N Ravi