[Dev] Tizen 3.0 proposal for fixing OSP/WRT/Core hard-coded UID issue

Jussi Laako jussi.laako at linux.intel.com
Tue Oct 15 08:22:31 GMT 2013

On 14.10.2013 16:34, Dominig ar Foll (Intel OTC) wrote:
> 1) Single AMD daemon
> -------------------------------
> PRO :  Interesting for saving resources and enabling a tight control of
> which application is launched and how they are launched.
> CON : any ENV variable which is set by the user desktop or home shell
> need to transfered from the user session.

Regarding resources, I agree. Regarding control I don't, I don't see any
reason why it would be different in this respect.

CON: Cannot easily control permission/capability inheritance and the
process tree and session management becomes messy, because apps are not
childs of the session through direct inheritance.

> 2) AMD daemon in user land
> ---------------------------------------
> PRO : Easy access to the environment
> CON: Little control if what/how Apps are launched

PRO: less vulnerable to possible security holes in AMD.

Why would there would be any difference regarding control of apps being
launched?

> c) Fully dynamic model
> In the model where the home shell is fully controlling the session
> launch (e.g. Gnome, Enlightment, ...) we could use the same lib to
> create a utility which can be called by the home shell.

I think this is best and closest to the standard desktop models
minimizing deviation from the standards -> less bugs&patches in the
platform related to upstream delta.