[Dev] regarding process for patch submission when there is no packaging dir for tizen upstream projects

Kanevskiy, Alexander alexander.kanevskiy at intel.com
Tue Oct 15 11:54:29 GMT 2013

On 10/15/13 07:38 , "RAVI NANJUNDAPPA" <nravi.n at samsung.com> wrote:

Ravi,

If you need to make modification in some source files, you don't submit
patch as *.patch to packaging directory.
You need to do code modification on top of content in "tizen" branch and
submit that change for review.
Patches in packaging directory are generated automatically based on the
commit difference between "upstream" and "tizen" branches.

Almost the same thing with spec file: if you have changes to it that are
not related to add new lines like "PatchXXX:" or "%patchXXX:", then just
apply them on spec file in "tizen" branch and submit them for review.

--
Best regards, Alexander Kanevskiy.

Intel Finland Oy
Registered Address: PL 281, 00181 Helsinki
Business Identity Code: 0357606 - 4
Domiciled in Helsinki