[Dev] Mic trying to install 2 versions of one package

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at intel.com
Tue Oct 15 14:55:56 GMT 2013

On Tue, 2013-10-15 at 13:53 +0200, Aleksander Zdyb wrote:
> Hello all!
>
> I'm working on some patches for systemd. I've built it using gbs and put
> in local repo (systemd-204-10.armv7l).
> Now, when I'm trying to build an image using mic, I've got an error[1]:
> Warning: repo problem: cannot install both libsystemd-204-10.armv7l and
> libsystemd-204-3.5.armv7l,
>
> 204-3.5 is current release in live repo[2], which I'm using to pull
> other packages.

Could it be that the soname of the libaries in libystemd* changed and
you are trying to include executables in your image which linked against
the older library? Just a thought.

Or some of these executables ended up with an explicit version
dependency on libsystemd instead of just referencing the library via its
soname; this would have the same effect.

In both cases it should help to recompile all packages linking against
libsystemd.

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.