[Dev] regarding process for patch submission when there is no packaging dir for tizen upstream projects

Rusty Lynch rusty.lynch at intel.com
Tue Oct 15 16:12:02 GMT 2013

Sounds like there is a bit of a conceptual error in how our build and
packaging system works.

Do NOT add patches to the packaging/ directory.  Do submit patches to
the tizen branch that directly changes the files.

The backend will extract a set of patches, using the upstream branch as
pristine (which is why there is no packaging directory on that branch)
along with appropriate tags, to create a source rpm that looks includes
a pristine tarball with a set of patches.

    --rusty