[Dev] Tizen 3.0 proposal for fixing OSP/WRT/Core hard-coded UID issue

Schaufler, Casey casey.schaufler at intel.com
Tue Oct 15 17:18:28 GMT 2013

Apps are not terminated by the launcher. The message is sent to allow the launcher to discard the information it is maintaining about the session. This is session termination, not application termination.

> > To launch an application a message is sent to AMD by the user. AMD
> > looks at the SO_PEERCRED information to reliably determine the UID.
> > This is used to identify the user session. Since AMD already has the
> > relevant information about the user session no further action is required.
>
> Could you elaborate how single AMD can have relevant information about the
> user session? I can see how it could have the information when it runs itself as
> part of the session, but not when it's running outside and handling multiple
> simultaneous sessions of different UIDs.

When the session is created the information about the session is available. Otherwise, you can't create the session. At the time the session is created this information is sent to AMD. We know it is correct, because we just used it to create the session. When a launch request is made the session information that was used to create the session is available because to was explicitly sent to AMD.