[Dev] Tizen 3.0 proposal for fixing OSP/WRT/Core hard-coded UID issue

Jussi Laako jussi.laako at linux.intel.com
Wed Oct 16 09:29:57 GMT 2013

On 15.10.2013 20:18, Schaufler, Casey wrote:
> Apps are not terminated by the launcher. The message is sent to allow the launcher to discard the information it is maintaining about the session. This is session termination, not application termination.

Apps running for the session context should still get terminated when
the session ends. If they are not part of the session process tree they
don't get automatic tear down when the session terminates, without
external entity. And the applications should terminate completely before
the session is finalized.

> When the session is created the information about the session is available. Otherwise, you can't create the session. At the time the session is created this information is sent to AMD. We know it is correct, because we just used it to create the session. When a launch request is made the session information that was used to create the session is available because to was explicitly sent to AMD.

Some of the information for the session is built up as part of session
initialization, such as dbus session bus address. This is not known
before the dbus-daemon is started, because it is created by the daemon
at startup time.

What I would prefer is to avoid need to take a "session state snapshot"
at some point and transfer it over to somewhere else, but use the way it
is done on normal Linux desktop through the session lifetime inheritance.