[Dev] Tizen 3.0 proposal for fixing OSP/WRT/Core hard-coded UID issue

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at intel.com
Wed Oct 16 09:41:29 GMT 2013

On Wed, 2013-10-16 at 12:29 +0300, Jussi Laako wrote:
> On 15.10.2013 20:18, Schaufler, Casey wrote:
> > When the session is created the information about the session is
> available. Otherwise, you can't create the session. At the time the
> session is created this information is sent to AMD. We know it is
> correct, because we just used it to create the session. When a launch
> request is made the session information that was used to create the
> session is available because to was explicitly sent to AMD.
>
> Some of the information for the session is built up as part of session
> initialization, such as dbus session bus address. This is not known
> before the dbus-daemon is started, because it is created by the daemon
> at startup time.

This might not be the case for this particular example: on the IVI image
using the systemd user session management, the session D-Bus socket
address is hard-coded per user. Initially, systemd listens on that
address and then starts the dbus-daemon on demand when a client tries to
connect to D-Bus via that socket.

Of course, there might be other examples where part of the session env
setup is done by user processes as part of the session startup.

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.