[Dev] Tizen 3.0 proposal for applications launch

Jussi Laako jussi.laako at linux.intel.com
Wed Oct 16 10:29:34 GMT 2013

On 15.10.2013 19:24, Thiago Macieira wrote:
>> a.out? I may be too young to remember.
>
> Yeah, that's pre-ELF. It's also before my day. My first Linux install still had
> a.out support and libc.so.4, but that was only for compatibility.

I think the first distros I used were using old libc's. The first real
distro (after kernel and rootfs floppies) was SLS and same continued
when I switched the Slackware when it appeared later.

Maybe even the first RedHat I used (3.0.3) was still with old libc? I
remember the "fun" of booting it up on DEC Alpha Server. It wasn't as
easy as booting PC with BIOS. Their ROM had a command line interface,
but it was still easier than booting a PDP-11 through it's octal
keyboard! :D