[Dev] Tizen 3.0 proposal for fixing OSP/WRT/Core hard-coded UID issue

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at intel.com
Wed Oct 16 10:32:15 GMT 2013

On Wed, 2013-10-16 at 12:59 +0300, Jussi Laako wrote:
> On 16.10.2013 12:41, Patrick Ohly wrote:
> > This might not be the case for this particular example: on the IVI image
> > using the systemd user session management, the session D-Bus socket
> > address is hard-coded per user. Initially, systemd listens on that
> > address and then starts the dbus-daemon on demand when a client tries to
> > connect to D-Bus via that socket.
>
> OK, on openSUSE (also using systemd) that is the case only for system
> bus. Session bus still runs with "dbus-daemon --fork --print-address
> --session" and has random dbus session bus address.
>
> Fixed per user address may become tricky in case there are more than one
> user session per userid.
>
> With our current plan, there would be a separate guest user per seat so
> it shouldn't become an issue. But are we sure we don't need to support
> multiple sessions per user?

I don't know. If we do, we also need to make sure that different
instances of the same service running for the same user within these
different sessions do not conflict with each other. Some services in a
traditional Linux desktop system assume that they have exclusive access
to files in the users home directory.

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.