[Dev] Tizen 3.0 proposal for fixing OSP/WRT/Core hard-coded UID issue

Baptiste DURAND baptiste.durand at eurogiciel.fr
Wed Oct 16 10:38:48 GMT 2013

Hi all ,

I have just investigated on the following question :
/But are we sure we don't need to support multiple sessions per user? //
///
Here is my results:

  * First,

Following DBUS Documentation,
There is only 1 dbus session per user login.
"The other instances are created one per user login session. These
instances allow applications in the user's session to communicate with
one another. "
 > http://dbus.freedesktop.org/doc/dbus-tutorial.html

So DBUS is designed to get only 1 dbus session per USER.

  * Second,

For Deamons there are  two ways to  get session adress:
  by getting DBUS_SESSION  environment variable (used if  it an abstract
socket =>
DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS=unix:abstract=/tmp/dbus-Dav2MOo24R,guid=39d30047a4517965af8bc05b5257b029
)
by knowning the dbus adress : this is the case in tizen: each user have
a dbus session socket stored : /run/<User>...

  * Finally, *the dbus service system (/usr/share/dbus-1/services/)
    should be hard to manage*, because this system allow to launch an
    app that provides a specific dbus interface when a process request
    it, througth the dbus session.

In my opinion, it is probably *"*not" a good idea to get multiples dbus
sesssion per user login.

Regards,

Baptiste DURAND