[Dev] Tizen 3.0 proposal for fixing OSP/WRT/Core hard-coded UID issue

Jussi Laako jussi.laako at linux.intel.com
Wed Oct 16 11:19:49 GMT 2013

On 16.10.2013 13:38, Baptiste DURAND wrote:
>   * First,
>
> Following DBUS Documentation,
> There is only 1 dbus session per user login.
> "The other instances are created one per user login session. These
> instances allow applications in the user's session to communicate with
> one another. "
>  > http://dbus.freedesktop.org/doc/dbus-tutorial.html
>
> So DBUS is designed to get only 1 dbus session per USER.

I understand that different way, that new session bus daemon is started
on each login (each login creates new session). Especially because it
says "in session".

Otherwise things get screwed up when you activate for example X11
application through dbus, it would end up in wrong display, because the
DISPLAY environment comes inherited from the session bus daemon...

As an example:
1) I login with user "jussi" from local console on DISPLAY=":0",
"dbus-daemon --session" gets started
2) I remotely login over ssh with user "jussi" from remote computer on
DISPLAY="localhost:11" and run an application
3) Application I run in (2) involves dbus activation on session bus for
another application