[Dev] Tizen 3.0 proposal for fixing OSP/WRT/Core hard-coded UID issue

Jussi Laako jussi.laako at linux.intel.com
Wed Oct 16 13:39:39 GMT 2013

On 16.10.2013 14:37, Patrick Ohly wrote:
> I doubt that this works reliably for all kinds of apps and sessions. For
> example, it is not possible to use EDS and thus a GNOME session like
> this.
>
> That doesn't mean that it can't be made to work, we only know that we
> cannot answer the question by looking at how traditional Linux desktops
> work.

Maybe not for all, but since openSUSE runs separate session bus for each
session, I've been successfully using quite some GNOME applications this
way (local session + ssh session). But I don't use EDS so I don't know
about it.

I also used to have multiple GNOME desktops open simultaneously by using
gdm remote logins through X-terminals, but this was on GNOME 2.x.

I could probably test this by enabling port 6000 again on display
manager (/etc/sysconfig/displaymanager,
DISPLAYMANAGER_XSERVER_TCP_PORT_6000_OPEN="yes")

Technically, for dbus session bus point of view it is supposed to work
correctly when the session daemon is launched as part of X login and it
inherits the DISPLAY environment.