[Dev] [SDK/Emulator] Re: Fwd: RE: yagl mac os

Stanislav Vorobiov s.vorobiov at samsung.com
Thu Oct 17 10:58:59 GMT 2013

Hi all,

I've just finished and pushed YaGL optimizations work. Here's a short overview of what we have.
Generally, we have performance increase up to 50%. Here're some comparisons:
                                      before | after
ChameleonMan       280fps | 420fps
Water                          220fps | 330fps
GLBenchmark           141fps | 186fps

GPU top now shows 95% (previously ~60%) usage for pure X.Org and ~85% (previously ~50%) for Tizen FS when running the demos.

TLS usage has been replaced with simple global variables.

There're also many other changes that are described in commit messages, the changes improve code quality as well as prepare ground
for GLESv3 implementation which I'm starting right now.

P.S: The changes were verified using all our usual tests, including khronos conformance, GL benchmarks, WebGL, etc. Tested
on linux and windows, 32-bit/64-bit, nVidia/intel GPUs. I didn't test on mac, I guess once we have FS for emulator on tizen.org we'll
be able to test...