[Dev] Questions on status of DLNA APIs in profile/ivi/wrt-plugins-ivi

Rusty Lynch rusty.lynch at intel.com
Thu Oct 17 19:02:56 GMT 2013

On Fri, 2013-10-18 at 02:47 +0900, Kim, Yoonsoo wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> Personally I have interests in DLNA features on web applications.
>
> I've just found that the recent release of Tizen IVI release has some
> support for DLNA APIs at
> https://www.tizen.org/blogs/bbranch/2013/tizen-3.0-m2-aug-ivi-released
>
> What's the exact implementation status?
> I can find only the MediaServer.idl file in
> https://review.tizen.org/gerrit/gitweb?p=profile/ivi/wrt-plugins-ivi.git;a=tree
> but the release note says that all web DLNA APIs at
> https://github.com/01org/cloud-dleyna/wiki are supported.
> According to documentation at
> https://github.com/01org/cloud-dleyna/wiki, I guess that 01.org has
> already
> implemented MediaServer, MediaContent, and MediaRenderer APIs.

I'll let one of the guys working on this give an implementation status.

> Just for curiosity, is there any plan to apply this feature to Tizen
> mobile profile too?
> I think that this feature is cool and not specific to IVI but common
> to most profiles.
> Could anyone explain why the feature is implemented only on Tizen IVI profile?

We are using our wrt-plugins-ivi project to prove out web api's that we
need for IVI.  In some cases the api's are ivi specific, like the
vehicle info api, and in other cases the api's are of use by other
verticals.

Once an api has been proven to work well with acceptable overhead then
we will make the case for the api to either be added to the shared tizen
device api plugin, platform/framework/web/wrt-plugins-ivi, or if we have
good traction with the W3C on the specific API, to just directly
implement the API in the engine follow the appropriate W3C standard.

Today we have API's supporting:
* access the vehicle information bus via our automotive-message-broker
* access to DLNA via dleyna
* access to speech-to-text and text-to-speech via Winthrope

... and each of these are in different stages of development with new
features landing over the rest of the year.

    --rusty