[Dev] [SCM] inter-package patch dependencies

Kanevskiy, Alexander alexander.kanevskiy at intel.com
Fri Oct 18 12:07:16 GMT 2013

On 10/18/13 14:57 , "Łukasz Stelmach" <l.stelmach at samsung.com> wrote:

There are few things here:

1. API changes that are not explicitly declared.
Normally it's handled that e.g. Library XYZ starts to provide new API that
supposed to be used by application.
API is provided in version V1. Then, best practice is, if application
require that API to declare build dependency: BuildRequire: Library-XYZ >=
V1
In such submits, if Application submitted first, it will be visible to
release engineers that it require newer version of library.

2. Synchronised submissions: in backend there is code (but not currently
actively used) that would group packages if they have exactly same submit
tag.
Those are considered as group and decision for them is taken atomically -
either all of them is accepted or all rejected.

--
Best regards, Alexander Kanevskiy.

Intel Finland Oy
Registered Address: PL 281, 00181 Helsinki
Business Identity Code: 0357606 - 4
Domiciled in Helsinki