[Dev] [SCM] inter-package patch dependencies

Krzysztof Opasiak k.opasiak at samsung.com
Fri Oct 18 13:32:47 GMT 2013

That's true but it's only an ugly hack. In this scenario we should
specify a version number for almost each commit we have to depend on.
Moreover this scenario won't fix this issue but only change the package
status from failed to unresolveable.

It would be great to have an opportunity to set those dependences before
adding the submit tag. For example if someone is trying to merge changes
in A they cannot be merged until changes in B and C will be merged.

Similar mechanism exist in one project dependences. When you push a 2
commit change, each commit has its own change-id so you have 2 reviews
in Gerriy and the second change depend on the first one. You cannot
merge the one commit which is on the top because you have to merge the
previous commit first (see in gerrit fields Depends On, Needed By).