[Dev] Tizen 3.0 Multiuser support architecture proposition

Dominig ar Foll (Intel OTC) dominig.arfoll at fridu.net
Sat Oct 19 20:03:30 GMT 2013

Young,

please find my comments in line.

Dominig ar Foll
Senior Software Architect
Open Source Technology Centre
Intel SSG

Le 19/10/2013 16:42, Young Ik Cho a écrit :

> I just found the attachment after trying to access the google docs in my
> home. My company has two problems of poor e-mail editor and blocked
> cloud storage in communicating with open-source world.
Sorry for that I did provide the document as attachement and by cloud to
give what ever is the easiest to each one.

> Here follows my comments:
>   - p5 : AMD should be single entry point for "App".
>           Direct request to launchpad with associated bundle information
This is as Tizen 2 is implemented today. As you can see in my proposal
for Tizen 3 I propose to have only one entry point.
> .
>   - p6 : Duplicated as p5
Thanks for telling me.

>   - p8 : As I mentioned on the different thread, Managing App Lifecycle
> should be role of AMD.
I my proposal I give that job to Launchpad(s) because that the cause
which actually doe the launch of the App, so it's easier to do it from
that point. AMD is more the central point to decide if the application
can be launched and in which context it should be launched.

>   - p9 : Can I get more information on the statement, "Apps are added in
> user session from outside"?
Launchpad is running with privilege (e.g as root), so when it launch the
App is does create a context (environment variables and uid/gid) which
is the "same" as if the App was launched in the user session.
This is needed to get the right HOME, DISPLAY, Locale, D-Bus session, ...

>   - p10 : This is related to different huge topic, directory hierarchy.
> Probably Mr. Ham or other guy will post this issue.
It will be pleasure to get his feedback.

>   - p11: I totally agree that some DB should be cached or some module
> should provide better method for performance.
>           The most of DB access on app launch is package DB. In my
> opinion, most of the package DB information should be reside in the
> shared memory to reduce expensive DB access if it does not have security
> issue. WRT-related DB also should provide similar mechanism.
>           For Tizen DB, there is already a guideline from security, Mr.
> Lim, that only daemon can write DB and client is only read it on TIZEN 2.2.
Would you have a pointer to give me?

>   - p16 : I am not sure that TLM(TIzen login manager) should be included
> TIZEN common platform or not.
Devices which needs multi user login will need something. Do you have an
alternative proposition ?

Dominig