[Dev] Multi User: Unique AMD with multiple Launchpads

Dominig ar Foll (Intel OTC) dominig.arfoll at fridu.net
Sat Oct 19 20:15:00 GMT 2013

> Actually managing app lifecycle is the role of AMD. AMD is actually the
> central daemon who maps process (pid) and app (appId).

It seems that we are in sync, but we need to get the same wording.

Yes, AMD is the central point and control the launch of an App for a
given user.

But the actual launch is done by one of the Launchpad(s) and so it's an
easy point to keep track of the application which have been launched in
order to control its live cycle.

We could report all the live cycle control work to AMD, but that would
require to pass back to AMD at least the pid once that the application
has been launched.

For me, its more a detail of implementation rather than an real
architecture issue as I see the Launchpad(s) as an extension of AMD.

Would I have miss something in my understanding ?

Regards

Dominig